Sr. Mechanical Application Engineer
- Design thermoplastic housing and interchangeable country plugs to comply with safety standards.
- Design steel, copper and aluminum contacts springs, heat sinks and chassis for power supply products.
- Design wire harness, cable, and PVC strain relief/over mold.
- Design labels and packaging based on customer SPEC and company test standard of quality.
- Create and maintain 2D part level, sub-assembly and final assembly drawings for manufacturing.
- Cooperate and assist clients in design for cost and design for manufacturing custom OEM products.
- Coordinate with cross functional team members from design, prototyping, testing, qualification, preproduction to mass production.
- Review and foresee potential issues in supplier?s mold design through mold flow analysis and detailed mold construction.
- Perform Pro/Mechanica FEA stress and deformation analysis on metal parts.
- Perform worst case and RSS tolerance analysis.
- Work closely with PCB layout designer optimizing component placement, manufacturability and compliance.
- Work with QA team in creating Failure analysis on customer returned unit.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering with courses in Machines & Mechanisms, Optimization, CAD application, Six Sigma Quality and Finite Element Structure Analysis.
- One (1) year experience in manufacturing and production covering design for costs, design for manufacturing, design work flow, coordination for production improvement.
Phihong USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
FAX your resume at: (510) 360-4188
MAIL your resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources
47800 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538, USA