Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Northern California
- Handle design from concept stage to the end of mass production through the knowledge of tooling, CAD software, and material process validation.
- Assist customers in decision making for cost and design for manufacturing customized ODM/OEM products.
- Design plastic enclosure and metal components, and determine the material used to meet the thermal requirements defined by UL.
- Work with customers on reviewing and providing solutions on potential issues in supplier’s molding design through mold flow analysis and detailed mold construction.
- Realize CpK report, and perform skill of DOE to analyze metal and plastic parts.
- Design internal electrical components, such as steel, copper and aluminum contacts springs, heat sinks and chassis by following the spec requests from customers.
- Work closely with PCB layout designer and Electrical engineer to optimize component placement, manufacturability and compliance.
- For the cable design, study the detail from customers’ spec, then start to outline the wire harness, cable drawing, and PVC strain relief/over mold.
- For package side, design labels and packaging based on customers’ spec and company quality test standard.
- Ensure all the design drawings be converted to 2D drawings based on sub-assembly and final assembly files.
- Coordinate with cross functional team members from design, prototyping, testing, qualification, preproduction to mass production.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Two years experience in mechanical design, production, design for experiment (DOE), tooling (design for manufacturing, coordination for production improvement), tooling and materials process validation (CpK), and high volume electronics enclosure materials.
- Design experience integrating component modules (Batteries, PCBs, Cable).
- Demonstrated knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma, CAD software (Pro/E, AutoCad). *The required knowledge shall be obtained from the 2-year experience listed and described in the requirements.