Product Safety Engineer
Location: Northern California
- Product safety testing on IT equipment, office equipment applying worldwide safety standards and electromagnetic immunity, emission standards, and the knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Conduct research to evaluate safety levels for various electronic products.
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Compile, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit, or verify information or data.
- Provide guidance and advice to management or other R&D/Design engineers on technical systems, or process-related topics.
- Perform safety analysis and testing. Maintain safety lab’s equipment, records, files, test results, calibration record.
- Review engineering documents (schematics, BOM, PCB layout and transformer diagrams, etc) for safety and advise/feedback various safety design approaches.
- Prepare/review and send to Safety Agencies safety submission documents and samples.
- Facilitate Safety/EMC queries locally and offshore. Coordinate/correspond orally and in writing with Safety Agencies on project submittals and on improving its cost, lead time and quality.
- BSEE or Electronics & Communications plus 2 years related experience in product safety engineering field.