Senior Design Engineer (multiple openings)
Location: Northern California
- Responsible for analyzing, modeling, simulating, designing, qualifying and developing switching power supplies for our customers, as well as developing new generation cost-effective ac/dc, dc/dc, dc/ac, and ac/ac conversion circuits with superior performance.
- Design and development of single and poly-phase high-frequency, switch-mode off-line converters and inverters that exhibit superior efficiency, high power density, and high reliability.
- Design and development of low-voltage/high-current circuits for next generation microprocessors.
- Involve in design and development of power conversion circuits for portable electronics, and work on the development of various electronic ballast circuits and other lighting circuits.
- BS in Electronics Engineering and three years experience in power electronics engineering from design concept to production.
- Power converters/conversion, switching/switch-mode power supply, analog and digital control loop, power supply stability and magnetic design.
- Proficient in using digital oscilloscope, multi-meters, EMI receiver, AC/DC power source, current/voltage amplifiers and probes, EMC and Immunity test equipment.
- Must possess solid knowledge on power conversion topologies, PCB layout design considerations, EMI, EMC and Safety regulatory standards.