Sr. Mechanical Application Engineer
Location: Northern California
- Design thermoplastic housing and interchangeable country plugs to comply with safety standards.
- Design steel, copper and aluminum contacts springs, heat sinks and chassis for power supply products.
- Design wire harness, cable, and PVC strain relief/over mold.
- Design labels and packaging based on customer SPEC and company test standard of quality.
- Create and maintain 2D part level, sub-assembly and final assembly drawings for manufacturing.
- Cooperate and assist clients in design for cost and design for manufacturing custom OEM products.
- Coordinate with cross functional team members from design, prototyping, testing, qualification, preproduction to mass production.
- Review and foresee potential issues in supplier?s mold design through mold flow analysis and detailed mold construction.
- Perform Pro/Mechanica FEA stress and deformation analysis on metal parts.
- Perform worst case and RSS tolerance analysis.
- Work closely with PCB layout designer optimizing component placement, manufacturability and compliance.
- Work with QA team in creating Failure analysis on customer returned unit.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering with courses in Machines & Mechanisms, Optimization, CAD application, Six Sigma Quality and Finite Element Structure Analysis.
- One (1) year experience in manufacturing and production covering design for costs, design for manufacturing, design work flow, coordination for production improvement.