Regional Sales Manager – Electric Vehicle Charging
Location: Northern California
We are looking for experienced, self-motivated, results-oriented individuals who can successfully expand Phihong’s electric vehicle charging and supporting technology business. These positions present the opportunity for extensive exposure to customers and thus require excellent communication, relationship building and sales skills as well as battery charger technical knowledge and program management experience. Because of the nature of our business, candidates should reside near one of our major US design centers located in Fremont, CA and Bohemia, NY, or remotely in the upper Midwest.
Serving as the primary sales and business relationship manager for a defined territory you will engage directly with your designated customers or through local Manufacturer’s Representatives, Distributors and factory personnel to achieve sales goals and objectives for the assigned territory. In this role, the sales manager will develop strong customer relationships and close sales agreements with customers through the design-in of standard, modified standard and custom charger solutions or supporting technology. You will work with a team of global professionals and cross-functional resources to drive the transition to many different types of electric vehicles.
- Prospect, qualify, and close accounts to meet or exceed annual sales goals through customers who map to Phihong’s charger technical and business strengths
- Develop territory strategy, including channel leverage and internal resource requirements, for each account
- Develop an annual sales business plan to meet the sales target and accurately forecast expected revenue
- Visit accounts, resolve customer problems, and make customer technical and product presentations as necessary.
- Provide account management and customer service leading to the completion of technical developments and the generation of ongoing production.
- Provide periodic reports including forecast information, account status, and sales opportunities
- Travel extensively into territory to develop and maintain relationships with key customer contacts, present, articulate/clarify value and differentiation, and win the business in expected timeframe
- Develop a strong technical baseline through training and development milestones
Characteristics of Interest to The Hiring Manager
- Energetic self-starter and able to work hard, independently with good time management and organizational skills
- Have worked charger sales opportunities to closure directly and through channel partners, developing relationships with prospects and stakeholders in the process.
- Experience developing detailed account plans with strategic customers projecting key milestones, revenue and growth over multiple years
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle complexity
- Teamwork oriented, and a willingness to work to the benefit of others
- Excellent grammar and writing skills, and be able to develop strong business plans for others to easily interpret and follow
- Have provided technical training on electric vehicle charging products and solutions to, partners, as well as end customers by delivering presentations to partners and customers in support of the sales process
- Have prepared Quarterly Business Reviews and can present account status to executives
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape for different types of electric vehicle charging and how to sell against the competition
- Supported beta, proof of concept, and pilot programs at customer sites and interface with customer engineers and developers
- Basic knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and relevant state and local codes, specifically related to Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment (EVSE)
Minimum 5 years of combined experience in multichannel system level technical sales preferable in the area of battery chargers or charging technology
Experienced with selecting and managing Manufacturer’s Representatives.
Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and multitasking skills to provide superior customer service which will include off hours communications with Asia as needed.
Frequent Travel – Occasional International