Sr. Product Safety Engineer
Location: Northern California
- Performs and approves Safety and EMC testing and reports to worldwide safety and other regulatory standards to IEC/EN 60950-1, UL/CSA60950-1, IEC/EN60065, IEC/UL60065, IEC/EN60601-1, UL60601-1, EN55022, EN55024 for company?s standard products as well as for OEM products for the customers.
- Responsible for providing guidance and direction on Safety, EMC, Energy Efficiency, ROHS, REACH and other regulatory and environmental requirements to various customers and to the company?s various functional group such as Sales, Marketing, Design Engineering, Manufacturing. Maintains the Safety Laboratory certified status to Client Test Data Program by UL enabling self-testing for Safety for the product safety submittals.
- Provide safety training and guidance to engineers in other functional groups, including PCB Engineering, Design Engineering, Mechanical Group, Sales/Marketing. Represent company for US California Energy Commision (CEC) affairs including lab CEC annual license issuance and CEC Declaration of Conformities.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance set by US Department of Energy and US Environmental Protection Agency?s Energy Star Program.
- Represent the company in industry meetings and seminars.
- Review and approve engineering documents (schematics, BOM, PCB layout and transformer diagrams, etc) for Safety/Regulatory Compliance and advise/feedback various Safety/Compliance design approaches.
- Provide direction to other safety engineers in product safety and other regulatory submittals to various agencies.
- Provide responses to audits and variation notices from regulatory agencies.
- BS in Electrical or Electronics & Communications.
- Five (5) years progressive experience in product safety engineering, design, testing, regulatory compliance, training and program management fields.